Are you looking for a decent night time clock for your Android device with many great functions?Â Bedside 3.0 developed by ï»¿Daniel Velazco (check out his website here) may be the ticket.Â Bedside 3.0 is a dimmed night clock, and while its open, turns off all sound and vibrate notifications, with the exception of calls (volume is the last set ringer volume), so you can get your sweet dreams without worrying! Oh, and speaking ofÂ SweetDreams, an Android Developers Challenge 2 winner which everyone was hot for, Bedside 3.0 actually has more customization features albeit a slightly different type of app.Â So far, the user reviews for SweetDreams are a little less than stellar as well but I’m sure in time that will be a great application as well.
The good news is Bedside 3.0 is really a great night time clock but the bad news is that it only works on Android 1.6 and above so for now at least it won’t work on the likes of the HTC Droid Eris or the HTC Hero.Â Also the soft button lights on the bottom of the Droid, Milestone and Nexus One remain illuminated, which can be bright for some.Â Luckily if your phone is rooted there is a fix to to shut them off.Â You can find the QR Scan Code below or search for “LEDS Hack” on Android Market.
Give Bedside 3.0 a try, I am using it nightly on my Motorola Droid and can’t say enough good things about it. Search for “Bedside” on Android Market or use the QR Scan Code below.
- Colors (Regular and Dark)
- Glowing Background (Can be turned off)
- Battery Percentage
- Different Fonts
- 24-Hour Format
- Uses Accelerometer for Landscape/Portrait Mode
- Force Landscape/Portrait Mode Button on Menu for phones with Bad accelerometers.
- Can be used as a clock turning off sounds while open, also it can turn off the screen (turning off screen and notifications but stays working on the background), and it can also be used as a regular clock without messing with the notifications.
- Flashlight (Bedside Pro)